Hybrid View

Default Camera for dancers in poor lighting?

Due to the overwhelming amount of information out there that I'm unable to process, I thought it best to come here and ask for advice on my specific needs. I'm looking for a camera that can cope with moving bodies in poor lighting conditions. I have a budget of around 300 - 400 and I don't need the very latest toy, just something that is brilliant compared to what I've been using. I've had a series of digital, compact cameras that give me some interesting and arty shots but rarely the clarity I desire. Although I'm capable of reading and understanding a manual, I'm more of a point and press kind of photographer so please keep it simple, people

Images

hi to be honest you will need a DSLR to get the results you are after and a fast lens to go with it and that alone will break your budget you could look at the second hand market but to be really honest i think you need to re think your budget

Hi and welcome.

Wave is quite right. Shooting good details in poor light takes some serious money. However, when my brother's friend wanted to shoot something in a small hall. I suggested they just bought some cheap 500 watt lights and light the place up so they could use their standard cameras and lenses..

They used something like this http://www.oceanlighting.co.uk/secur...ing%20ads#9618

Cheers!

Thanks chaps. I think I will up my budget on this one as the suggestion of bright lights at an Argentine tango event will go down like a lead balloon and I will lose all credibility What then are the basic equipment requirements and what sort of budget am I starting at? Throw me some model suggestions.

Images

how far away are you is the next question
    camera suggestions i would like at a 650d it will do want you want and i would look at a 70 -200L f2.8is lens if the budget is tight look at sigmas 70-200os f2.8

That almost sounded like a foreign language, Wave. I get that I need different lenses for different distances (closest being about 10' away from subject. That's the ideal) but I don't know what you mean by "at a 650d". If I'm going the whole hog should I not get 2 lenses and hang the budget? I can actually afford to do so but have been reluctant as I'm not very, very serious about it. Yet.

I will look at that Wave. Thanks