Default Which bridge camera should I buy?

Soon I will be off on my holidays for the whole Christmas and New Years period and I have decided that I would like to invest in a nice little powerful camera to get those perfect nature and scenery shots.
    I am a complete newbie to proper photography but I popped down to my local camera shop today but I came out of the shop more confused than I was before I went in.
    After browsing through comparison websites I think I have whittled it down to two cameras -
    Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200

I am use to my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10 (TZ20) but I am looking for a camera that will give me a quicker response when taking a photo (for passing wildlife etc) but also the options available of a higher end camera for such things as long shutter for motion still pictures (probably not the correct wording so apologies if you don't understand that)

The reason I am looking at a bridge camera is because I would like the ease of the AUTO option where I can just point and shoot without having to always worry about what setting I have the camera on. However, also having the options there for me to explore my photography skills would be good.

If I could get the opinion of the above 2 cameras that would be great but I am also open to hear recommendations of other cameras you think would suit me.

Hi and welcome.

Both the cameras you mention have the same size sensor as your TZ20 which is very small. Meaning, they work best in good light.

So, the answer is to choose the one with the best light gathering power over the whole zoom range. Essentially, light gathering ability of a lens is determined by its maximum aperture.

Have a look at this Panasonic FZ200 review and all should become clearer.
    http://www.photographyblog.com/revie..._fz200_review/

Cheers!
    Last edited by Chris Cool; 24-11-12 at 11:44 PM.