Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question newbie with d3100

having bought a d3100 i thought i would buy some better lenses so i bought a Tamron SP 500mm f/8 Lens with adaptall 2 nikon fit i connected the lens to camera but it says lens not connected this was in auto so i switched to manual and tried to set the f stop to 8 but it would'nt let me now the person i bought it off had a d5000 i'm wondering if its the wrong adapter for my camera .......any suggestions would be welcome.......cheers...

Images

cant say for certain but the adaptor may not have the proper connections so may have to use it manually

iv'e had it in manual and it won't let me set aperture or shutter speed ,it lets you focus with it but when you take the shot its just a black screen no pic taken.......

Images

Hi
    I also have a tamron adaptall lens mine is a 28mm. If your lens worked ok on a D5000 it will certainly work on a D3100. Set your mode dial to M then set your aperture on the lens, then it's just a matter of working your exposure time till you get an image

It won't let me set aperture I press the plus and minus button and turn wheel but nothin happens??

Images

Hi
    The aperture should be on your lens. Because this is a manual lens the camera wont recognise it

Images

I just Googled your 500mm mirror lens. Under the Tamron 500mm 1:8 (on the lens) you will see a lot of small numbers these numbers are your aperture for talking sake move it to 5.6 look for a green dot below the aperture numbers. On the camera to the right of the flash you will see a wheel with M.A.S.P. line it up to M, then take a shot, If the photo is too dark wait till the dark photo goes away then press the ? button once then move the control button to the left this will make the photo lighter
    you may have to do this a few times till your happy. If it's too light just move the control button to the right. Hope this helps... Graham

i will give this ago ,thankyou for your time and effort to help me....

Images

No problem any problems let me know

worked a treat thankyou again.......