The latest Samsung NX11: improved design, new i-Fn lenses and new features over previous NX10 Compact System Camera release.

The brand new Samsung NX11 has been announced in advance of the forthcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2011 and looks to update the NX10 with both i-Function lens compatibility and a new design.

Rather than an overhaul of the original NX10, the new NX11 offers compatibility with Samsung’s i-Function lenses (as introduced with the NX100) that provide an additional function button on the lens itself for quick adjustment of the most prominent options such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO and so forth. Although the NX10 also offered this functionality via a firmware update, the NX11 is ready to go right from the box and also includes the brand new i-Fn 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS kit lens.

Design-wise and the NX11 is similar in form to the NX10, albeit with a change in grip design to make shooting easier and more comfortable. Elsewhere there’s a brand new Panorama mode that can capture a panoramic image in real time by moving the camera, much like the Sony NEX-5 offers.

Overall it’s i-Function that’s certainly the name of the game here, as the NX11’s release is in tandem with the updated 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (i-Fn, as included in the kit) and 20mm f/2.8 (now also i-Fn). The existing 20-50mm i-Fn lens will also be re-released in a silver finish to match up with the silver-bodied NX100. The NX11 also features a new Lens Priority mode dial to simplify searching for the most suitable shooting mode depending on which lens is attached. This all goes to show the extended commitment that Samsung has in providing the most up to date technologies to all of its users – i-Fn is the NX-series’ calling card and all future Samsung NX lenses will be equipped with this feature.

Otherwise it’s NX10-esque business as usual, with the NX11 featuring the same 3in Super-AMOLED screen and built-in VGA-resolution Electronic Viewfinder.

Models are expected to be released in February 2011 and we’ll have a full hands on preview from CES in the new year.