Default Touch Screen Compact

My wife has Ceribal Palsy and finds it very hard to use a camera. Her HP Phootsmart R937 has given up the ghost and she know needs a new camera. My question is as follows: -

Are there any camera's currently on the market with a touch screen of 3.6" or above?. She needs something of this size due to the limited movement in her hands.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Images

hi and welcome there are a few out there but a lot have a 3.0" . the nikon s80 has a 3.5 but look at he others from panasonic and canon

Thanks for the reply. 3" is a little to small. 3.5 may be ok as the one she had was 3.6". I'll keep looking I may find one out there thats suitable. She to fussy for liking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Codhead72 View Post
    My wife has Ceribal Palsy and finds it very hard to use a camera. Her HP Phootsmart R937 has given up the ghost and she know needs a new camera. My question is as follows: -

Are there any camera's currently on the market with a touch screen of 3.6" or above?. She needs something of this size due to the limited movement in her hands.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew.
    Hi Andrew, sorry for late reply, I have a Panasonic TZ30 which is a gem of a camera but the screen might be too small for your wife, do you have a local Jessops nearby where you wife could try out some cameras and get some advice, our local Jessops are very helpful and are always willing to give me time and advice, I would like to think that is carried through to all their stores. I hope your wife finds her new camera very soon and happy snapping!..Caroline

Though its not on sale just yet, the Samsung Galaxy Camera is definitely worth considering. With a lovely 4.77in touchscreen, it uses Android as its operating system, so should handle like many smartphones. The difference being that you’ve got a 21x optical zoom and 16.3MP 1/2.3in BSI CMOS sensor, as well as Wi-fi and 3G/4G connectivity.

Thanks for the reply Phil. That sounds like it should fit the bill. I'll keep a look out.

Andrew.