Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wide Angle Lens

Images

Default Wide Angle Lens

I have a standard 18-55mm and a tele-zoom lens (cant rember the size) but i really want some thing to take landscapes. Thing is there are so many types so was wondering if one of you Pros could help.

Thing is Im looking at Jessops website and confused on the descriptions.
    One in particular the focal length is 24mm yet another says 10-24mm.. so which is the better ?

In a nutshell can someone advise what kind of wide angel lens I could go for ?
    Sadly Im a tight arse or rather to be honest not flushed so around the 200-250 mark would be ideal That said Im waiting for someone to say dont bother on that price

Images

hi you should beable to get some results from your kit lens. but if you want to go wider the look at the sigma 10-20 but it is over your budget. are you having problems with your kit lens

Images

i wouldnt say its a problem. Its just pics look different on a 18-55mm as there is no wider view so it just looks like the pic has been taken with just a basic compact camera...or am I just being over critical ?

I have uploaded some onto my gallery if you have a peek

Images

hi i have looked at the ones you have posted I really want to look at them on my big screen but the first question is do you shoot raw and what do you use to post process

Images

Yeah always shot in RAW.

post process ? sorry dont follow

Images

hi you shoot RAW so do I, then I use aperture 3 to develop the shot ie adjust white balance, black point clip high lights. if i need any thing else I use photoshop. heres a sticky that chris cool put up it may help

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/for...ead.php?t=3067

Images

Sorry fella. You lost me on " I use aperture 3 to develop the shot ie adjust white balance, black point clip high lights"

Images

thats ok what do you do with your shots once you have downloaded them

Images

Sorry..slightly with you. I use Photoshop Elements

i googled black point clip high lights and read about levels.

Saw the Histogram and could see you can manipulate the image. Thing is it just seems like adjusting brightness and contrast. How do you know what you are doing is correct etc ?

Images

ok as i said i use elements as well but not for my conversion i use apples aperture 3 but everyone to there own work flow. when you open your picture it will open in camera RAW , you adjust white balance, exposure, black point. and a couple of other things. you can then open the shot in elements and go further but what is right. some times it trail and error and what you like. All that said I have looked at your shots and unfortunately there is no exif data so i cannot see what you originally shot at as this also effects your pictures