Default Are Sony cameras rated?

Hi,

Everyone seems to be talking about Nikon and Canon as being great cameras. I'm looking for a compact and the new Sony nex F3 seems to be forgotten about.

Is this the case? As I wont buy a Sony if they aren't as good as the likes of canon or Nikon.

Thanks

Hi

Nothing wrong with any of the major brands in that category, so why not go for Sony. Their video is hard to beat as well. Well worth trying before buying, as lots of things can effect your choice, such as, handling, menu systems, screens etc.

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...-3-review.html

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...nex_f3_review/

Cheers!

Good advice! Will go and have a play with a few tomorrow.

Cancan you recommend any good shops to look at cameras? Jessops seems the obvious one but they all seem to be very small!

Cheers

Jessops usually have good stock levels but you can always check Comet, Curry's and PC World on line to see what they have.

Good huntingl

Hi there,

We're still in the process of testing the Sony NEX F3 - don't think we're ignoring it! Sony produce some excellent cameras - their Alpha 77 was our Camera of the Year last year, so don't think they can't mix it with the offerings from Canon and Nikon.

What kind of budget have you got and are you specifically looking to get a Compact System Camera?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, that is promising news. I don't know why but i seem to have been drawn to the Sony compact system camera.

I think a compact would be best for me as it is still pretty small, a DSLR is too big for me. I would buy a digital compact but from what i have heard compact system cameras are of better quality due to the lenses, is that true?

Appreciate the help

Images

csc type cameras like the nex series have interchangeable lenses so to get the best out of them you have to use the right lens bridge cameras have a fixed lens with which is a zoom. what do you shot it will help us to give better advice

Hi,

My budget is around 450.

Well, my parents have just moved to Dubai and I'm going out there next week, I intend to be taking photos of the buildings, my family, some beach shots etc (general family shots). I take photos with my iPhone at the minute but love taking photos so would like a good camera. Would a 18-55mm lens suffice for this to start me off?

I have not considered a bridge as the sensors are still small but maybe this wouldn't affect my photos.

Thanks

Ive shot sony for 4/5 years now, wouldnt change it for the world, always an interesting convo starter with other photographers saying you use sony cameras ahha :')
    Have a mess around in Jessops, you wont be disappointed!

500px.com/robellis
    Rob (Proud sony A77/A200 user!)

yes, Good advice! Will go and have a play with a few tomorrow. Cancan you recommend any good shops to look at cameras, good ideas, i like it ,thanks