Thread: Pentax Lenses

Default Pentax Lenses

Is there a Digital SLR Camera Body compatible with Pentax lenses purchased in 1984 with a Pentax Super A SLR Camera?
    If so, does it have a Flash Hot Shoe?
    Where can I purchase it, preferably in Melbourne, Australia?

Hi and welcome.

If you don't get the answer from here. Goto WDCs sister site, Amateur Photographer and post in the http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...31-Pentax-Chat

We have a chap from Canada (Jack (9 hours difference to us in UK)), who may even know where to buy in Melbourne!

Cheers!

Any Pentax DSLR will be compatible with Super A lenses, with the proviso that there will be no autofocus. You should get all the program modes on the Pentax DSLR with any lenses that are fully compatible with the Super A, which have electrical contacts on the lens.

Be careful with non-Pentax lenses though - some independent PK-A lenses were labelled PK-AR (the R standing for Ricoh, who produced their own version with an extra contact pin). The extra contact pin can jam in the autofocus mechanism on the camera, making it difficult (sometimes impossible) to take the lens off the camera.

As to suppliers in Melbourne, I would think that any reputable camera supplier would sell Pentax DSLRs.

See:-

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...ew-used-6.html

Well done Roy!

Forgot you was on here lol

Cheers!

Last edited by Chris Cool; 04-08-12 at 06:07 PM.

Default Response

This is my first attempt to use the Forum & I'm impressed by the speed of response & assistance.
    I also have a Kiron 2 x Converter.
    Would this cause the same problem as the Ricoh Lenses?
    I'm delighted to be able to use my Pentax Lenses & the loss of use of the Converter would not be the end of the World!!
    I'll now be in the market for a Pentax DSLR Camera Body thanks to the help I have received.