Default future cameras / martins camera shop

Hi Folks,
    I was wondering if anybody has purchased online from a company called future-cameras.com (apparently another trading name of Martin's Camera Shop, which is based in the Lake District).
    I've been looking into getting a new DSLR over the last few days and this company seems to have some very good deals, though cheapest doesn't necessarily mean the best option for buying online.

If anyone has any experience of their service or has heard any good/bad things about them it would be very helpful to have a recommendation before I part with my hard-earned cash.

Thanks,
    Squirrel.

Hi

Not heard of them before but you might be interested in what Martins Camera Shop has to say about Future cameras.
    Please Note: Martin's Camera Shop Ltd has no connection whatsoever with a company calling itself "Future cameras". They have copied our company registration and VAT numbers and are displaying them on their site. They are claiming to be a trading name for our company. Avoid at all costs.
    http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/contact-us-2-w.asp

Lets be careful out there!

Cheers!

Thanks, I hadn't spotted that myself when I looked at Martin's Camera Shop's own website.
    I tend to be a bit wary when something seems like too good a deal and seems like I was right to be this time. Definitely won't be risking buying from the future cameras site now!

Martin's own prices seem pretty good too, though unfortunately their current product list doesn't include the model I'd decided to get (Canon 500d).

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I was wondering if anybody has purchased online from a company called future-cameras.com (apparently another trading name of Martin's Camera Shop, which is based in the Lake District).
    I've been looking into getting a new DSLR over the last few days and this company seems to have some very good deals, though cheapest doesn't necessarily mean the best option for buying online.

If anyone has any experience of their service or has heard any good/bad things about them it would be very helpful to have a recommendation before I part with my hard-earned cash.

Thanks,
    Squirrel.
    I hope this message does not get to you too late!

DON'T BY FROM FUTURE-CAMERAS.COM. THIS IS A SCAM SITE!

Future-Cameras is identical to MoodyCameras.com. Both seemed to by run from the same location at 36 St George St, Mayfair W1s 2FW, UK.

I have confirmation from Martins Camera Shop stating that Future-Cameras is a SCAM!!

I lost AU$904.75 to MoodyCameras.com. This site has been removed from the web, presumly after report has been lodged to UK police.

Sorry I don't know yet..maybe other friend's know them..

Default future-cameras.com

It just looked too good to be true. They are a bunch of crooks trying to get your hard earned money. I got ripped off trying to buy a Nikon 55 -300 zoom lens. And then no replies to e-mails.

Images

Default Dodgy websites

Talking of dodgy sites, please don't be tempted to use Olimpic Cameras... https://www.olimpic-cameras.co.uk

I'm ashamed to say they stuffed me good and proper for over 330.

If it looks too good to be true, it most definitely is not true.

I'm just chalking it down to one of life's less pleasant experiences & I have learnt a valuable lesson.

If at any stage any price looks too good to be true steer away from using that website. You will be far safer using Amazon. Their prices are are reasonable and definitely deliver the product. Never had any dissappointment. I will definitely be using Amazon in the future.

Images

Sadly, if it looks to good to be true it usually isn't true