Thread: Telephoto lens

Hybrid View

Default Telephoto lens

I have just been given aTamron 70-300 Di-usd lens for my birthday . It is quite heavy at 765 grams , and I want to eliminate camera shake as much as possible. I have a Sony A350 camera. Any advce or tips to stay steady very welcome,
    Cheers
    Roy

Images

hi the first thing that comes to mind is a tripod or momopod
    second is shooting speed keep it above 1/300th
    best i can think of straightway

Post Telephoto lens

Hi Roy,

Have a look at breathing.. . I use a riffle shooting position. Just before I take a photo / picture if not using a tripod or monopod I exhale partially and hold breath between 5 to 10 seconds. This allows me to be stable before taking a photo / picture.

In kneeling position, I rest my elbow on the upper knee.. Having the rear leg at right angle to the forward leg. This simulates a tripod giving a better platform to take a photo / picture.

Sometimes holding the camera up in taking photo can cause the camera to shake.. I then pull the camera away and refocus.. This will allow the blood to circulate through the arm and prevent the arm from shaking.

If I’m in an area with buildings and trees I have a small stress ball I take with me and use the tree, building or wall as support and hold the camera on the stress ball.

Hope this is useful. PKcool..