Default Budget of about 600

Hi everyone,

Sorry to ask a question that has probably already been asked so many times. I have about 600 to spend, which can be extended a tad. I have a friend who has a Canon EOS 550d who has offered to lend some lenses if I was to get an EOS. I looked at the 600d and found it was identical almost to the 550d, so the ones I have been looking at are 550d or the 650d (At a push) or the Nikon D3200.

Thanks for your time guys!

Bobby

If you have access to Canon lenses it makes sense to choose an EOS over the Nikon. As for choosing which model, the 550D, 600D and 650D share the same 18MP sensor resolution, and any differences in image quality will be subtle, though more apparent at the highest ISO settings. There's a difference of around 200 between the 550D and 650D, and the biggest difference is the articulated touch screen on the latter. This is certainly nice to have and is pretty good to use. The other main improvements are more about the video - the on-sensor AF comes into its own during movie recording and the audio level monitoring is pretty useful too. Whether these enhancements are worth the extra cost depend on your budget and what you'll be using the camera for.

Images

which ever of the canon models you choose you wont be disappointed its up to you what features you need. maybe a good compromise would be go for the 600d.