Images

Question Home Learning Courses

Hello

I know this isn't the right place for this but can anyone recommend a learn from home photography course. I am just about to finish a 10 week photography for beginners course which covered the basics but I would really like to do a more in depth course.
    so far I'm looking at either:

thephotographyinstitute.co.uk 500
    ukopenlearning.com - Digital photography distance learning course 330.

any advice would be great, thanks

Tina x

Hi WDCs sister site Amateur Photographer runs courses and has a website to go with it, so you can interact with other like minded people http://www.spi-photography-courses.com/

Cheers!

Last edited by Chris Cool; 04-07-12 at 09:38 PM.

Images

Hi Chris

Many thanks for the link I shall look into the courses. Do you know what qualifications are needed to qualify as a pro.

Thanks again

Tina x

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Hi Chris

Many thanks for the link I shall look into the courses. Do you know what qualifications are needed to qualify as a pro.

Thanks again

Tina x
    My brother took an SPI course plus various other courses on flash and portrait locally. This knowledge enabled him to do weddings and family portraits. However, he has a well paid job and only does the odd one here and there for pocket money so to speak

I'm going to give you a link that will probably put you off, but if you learn the basics and have a good eye, you can always make a few bob on the side. http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/go-pro.htm

Cheers!

Images

hi you have said that you have done a basic course and that you would like a qualification that will make you a professional. one thing i would say is get out and take pictures with modern cameras all the info of the pictures is included in the exif data so you will be able to look back and learn by you successes and failures. you dont say what type of work you want to do but you will certainly need a portfolio. good luck

Images

Hi
    Thanks for the reply's. (Chris it didn't put me off at all just helped clarify a few things) at the moment I'm a stay at home mummy, I use to work in an Asda photo centre which I loved. While my Daughter is at school (3 hours) I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to study photography. What got me started down this path was that I was talking with a friend and she said she doesn't have any pro photo's of her children as they are too expensive for her to buy (she has 4 children).

This got to me as everyone should be able to afford photo's of their children, so with that in mind I wanted to study photography/portraiture and be able to offer an affordable service to other parents.

I am just about to complete a 10 week 'digital photography for absolute beginners' course whilst this has given me a better understanding of the basic's I feel a more in depth course would be beneficial, I did hand in a portfolio that covered what we have learnt over the course (I should get it back Monday) but as this is just a leisure course there will be no qualification.

I would like a qualification in photography, it would also give other parents peace of mind that I do know what I'm doing and that I'm not just a mummy with a camera.

Tina x

Good luck Tina. I'm sure you will do well. And it's always nice to have something to hang on the wall that says you made the effort!

Come back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers!

Last edited by Chris Cool; 05-07-12 at 11:38 AM.

Images

Perfect just what I was looking for, now all I have to do is decide which camera to upgrade to from my samsung wb700 ..........so many choices!

Quote Originally Posted by lemontart View Post
    Perfect just what I was looking for, now all I have to do is decide which camera to upgrade to from my samsung wb700 ..........so many choices!
    And so little time LOL

Good luck!

Images

[QUOTE=Chris Cool;9180]And so little time LOL

Good luck!

.[/QU

Ain't that the truth have narrowed it down to two but given one is 750 I think that one will have to wait a while - as a bit of a novice think better suited with something like this little all rounder

Olympus SP-810UZ