Hi all,

Iím going to give as much info as I can so here goes-
I shoot Nikon crop frame at the moment but want to progress to full frame, hopefully in the not to distant future.
I have a Nikkor18-135mm f3.5-5.6 G IF ED DX that Iíve found to be a good all rounder.
Recently invested in the AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED Vrii
Mostly shooting for the local football club but being asked to do more.
Have in the past and only on film shot a little motor sport and a number of weddings but really not keen on the weddings.
Think it makes sense to invest in decent glass rather than full frame body at the moment.

Looking for my next lens.
Keeping in mind that I do want to progress to full frame a number of lenses have come to my attention.
The Nikkor 50mm F1.8 G, from my research so far seems to keep coming to the top of the list.
Although I could use the older D version (camera has its own drive for focusing) almost all the reviews state the G version is well worth the extra money. In addition a number of reviews have said that in some respects the 50mm F1.8 G is almost as good and maybe a little better than the 50mm f1.4G. That sounds very good!
Some other advice has added that maybe I shouldnít go for a 50mm at all as I am going to be shooting crop frame for the immediate future & that I should be looking more towards 35mm & that for a few pounds more I should look at the 35mm f/2D that will also be very useful on full frame when I get there. Donít know how that lens compares?

So considering I have the Nikkor18-135mm f3.5-5.6G & the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G Vrii, what lens would be the most sensible next investment?

As you can see Iím getting a bit confused with all the options.
What would you do?
Will be very interested in your replies.