Hybrid View

Smile Nikon D5100 vs Canon EOS 550D Which is Better????

Hey Everyone,

nice to meet u all... I am About to buy a new DSLR camera and i have chosen Nikon D5100 and Canon EOS 550D. In these two which is better??.. I have checked the spec sheets and they r almost the same with some slight difference and the price range is almost same too...

but now i want to know which is a better DSLR.. I will be using it mainly to take photos than video. and i have tried out both cameras and liked them both... so im not sure which to buy.. and one more thing i want the photos to be taken as almost as a professional photo quality...

Hope u guys can give me suggestions...

Thanks.... ^_^

Images

Hi and welcome there is little to choose between them so it will be down to your personel choice. remember when you buy a DSLR you buy into s system so make sure that sytem suits your needs.
    on a personel note i have the 550d/t2i and its is a really good camera i would look at the 600d also it should drop in price as the 650d is out

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    Hi and welcome there is little to choose between them so it will be down to your personel choice. remember when you buy a DSLR you buy into s system so make sure that sytem suits your needs.
    on a personel note i have the 550d/t2i and its is a really good camera i would look at the 600d also it should drop in price as the 650d is out
    Thanks for replying..... so both cameras r fine right??? but in some websites they give rating and review tat nikon is better... why is tat???

Images

all i can say is the sites i look at the 550d gets a better rating so its down to who does the review personnel taste

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    all i can say is the sites i look at the 550d gets a better rating so its down to who does the review personnel taste
    ohh okk ok.. thanks,,,,, and abt the lens should i buy the camera just the body only and choose some affordable lens or should i buy the camera with the lens it comes with???

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by syaoran7li View Post
    ohh okk ok.. thanks,,,,, and abt the lens should i buy the camera just the body only and choose some affordable lens or should i buy the camera with the lens it comes with???
    hi syaoran

the lens that comes as kits are just to get your started in photography but if you can afford better lens as this help you get the quality as you have all ready put i want the photos to be taken as almost as a professional photo quality... and that all so comes down to your own skills of understanding your DSLR as there good but they don't beat the human brain

all the best

Blitz