Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Best Lens Kit For The Canon 7D?

Hi,

Looking at getting a Canon 7D and was wondering what was the best lens kit that you can buy?

I mainly do a lot of sports photography, mostly downhill mountain biking so am never that far away from the action so was thinking of the 15-85mm, but the 18-135 is cheaper.......

Opinions please???

Images

hi the 15-85 is a really good lens IMHO the 18-135 has more reach but it is not in the same class as the 15-85. both lenses are EFS which will fit on the 7d but if you change your camera to full frame then they will not fit. another good lens is 24-105L you could look at sigma 17-70os

Images

The 15-85 works really well; the 18-135 isn't anything like in the same league, Add a 70-200 f4 L if you can, and job done.

Cheers for the info. Not sure if I can push my budget to the 15-85mm kit, but am tempted to maybe buy the body and then the sigma 17-70 as would work out cheaper.

Do thte body only still come with strap, charger & battery?

Images

according to amazon its all in the box
    as for the lens the 17-70 doesnt have as much reach but it does go down f2.8. I have this lens and it is very good all rounder

I will only really be shooting riders from a distance of a few meters, so the 17-70 should do perfect for the time being, can always upgrade to a larger tele lens in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by maggsy View Post
    Cheers for the info. Not sure if I can push my budget to the 15-85mm kit, but am tempted to maybe buy the body and then the sigma 17-70 as would work out cheaper.

Do thte body only still come with strap, charger & battery?
    hi maggsy

yes you only get the strap a charger & battery plus usb lead and video leads to usb and software disc when you buy body only

all the best

Russ

As for me, with the advent of DSLR’s with video capabilities filmmakers are now given access to cameras that shoot 24p and can handle interchangeable lenses without an adapter. Cameras such as the Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 7D and Canon 1D Mark IV are all capable of holding an assortment of lenses.

The 7D is an excellent camera. If possible try to purchase a f/2.8 this will help freeze action. The prices might be a little high but you will be greatly pleased.

How about the Canon EF-S 17-55 F2.8 IS lens.When I used to have a 7D,that was the lens I mostly used with it most of the time together with the 70-200 F2.8L IS MKII if I needed more reach.