Default simple nikon or canon

so after reading every review going i still aint sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,canon d600 or nikon 5100

wanted to make this a poll, too dumb to work it out !!

I think both are very close in spec. It may just come down to the controls and menus etc. Time for a touchy feely experience at your local camera shoppy me thinks!

Cheers!

Hi st2

have you looked at the Canon 550D as well as the 600D are so much a like in spec any difference the 600D is more towards the Video side but the 550D is cheaper so that you may get your self a better lens if you buy one with Kit lens or Body only it is a hard choice to make for me what i saw of Nikon reviews when i was looking to buy my first DSLR every review i looked at showed way to many Menus settings in camera to sort out were i find Canon Menus so easy to navigate around you don't need to have some kind of degree in menus before you can use one.
    But that's my take on Nikon DSLR's

i wish you all the best
    Russ

thanks for the replies i have been down and had a touchy feely of both cameras a couple of times. just don't know maybe leaning towards the nikon slightly but the canon did feel better to hold. but only a tad and i couldn't even say why.

Images

Hi
    You won't go wrong with any of these cameras. You could look at the canon nikon lenses to see if that helps your decision. Hope this helps ... Graham

found this site use full if accurate?
    http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Nikon-D5100

I'm having the same dilemma as you. I too did the "touchy feely" thing with both the Nikon and Canon and came to the same conclusion. I preferred the look and feel of the Canon but can't really put my finger on why.

Someone on this forum also kindly threw a spanner in the works (only kidding) and suggested the Nikon D3200 which I am now seriously considering, budget allowing.

Hope I haven't muddied the waters.

Images

hi when you buy a DSLR you buy into a system so make sure that system suits your needs. go and try them make sure the buttons and the way it works suits you. DONT settle for i will get used to it. if feels right then you are a long way down the line to getting the right make. see whats included with camera in the way of software too