Hybrid View

Default Camera upgrade advice please

Hi guys - bought a Nikon Coolpix S570 a couple of years ago for holiday snaps etc and it's largely served it's purpose very well. However, in the last few months I've started to develop more of an interest in taking good photos and now take the camera with me most of the time. I take a lot of 'scenic' photos (I live in Cornwall) and at sporting events and can now see the limitations of my camera.

I'm therefore looking to upgrade to a better quality camera and would be very grateful for some advice. My knowledge is very limited but I'm enthusiastic. My budget is about 200 but would go to 300 for the right camera. Thanks.

Images

hi and welcome i could easily say save more and get a DSLR as in general landscapes would require a wide angle and sports would require a zoom. but i think that you are looking for a one camera solution so i would look at a canon sx40hs or panasonic fz150. good luck

Images

Hi Nikon have just released the P510 it sports a 24- 1000 mm lens range . It is a wee bit over your budget though over 300 but worth a look ... Graham

Thanks for the advice guys - much appreciated. 3 good options for sure, after looking at reviews etc I think I'm going for the Canon SX40HS - will now try and find the best deal. Very many thanks.