Thread: Nikon P510

Default Nikon P510

Very pleased with the Nikon P510 I bought recently, but surprised it is not possible to purchase (or even fit) a UV filter, which I thought is standard practice, if only to protect the lens. Is this right?

Hi. Not unusual for bridge cameras not to have a screw thread on the end of the lens due to the construction and magnification of the lens. Any extra weight would probably cause the lens to malfunction.

As for putting a UV filter on the lens for protection. There is 50/50 for and against, due to it causing flare and it's an extra piece of glass in the way of the final image.

However, I remember using UV filters on my SLR lenses

Cheers!

Thanks Chris, not an essential addition then, so I'll forget about it. Cheers.

if your standard filter not fit with your camera you can use ring adapter to solve this problem

Images

I have a p90 bridge and got a jjc lens adapter from Amazon for circular polariser ifor about 20 they just fit over the lens

yeah, I have a p90 bridge and got a jjc lens adapter from Amazon for circular polariser ifor about 20 they just fit over the lens

Nikon Corporation was established on 25 July 1917 when three leading optical manufacturers merged to form a comprehensive, fully integrated optical company known as Nippon Kōgaku Tōkyō K.K. Over the next sixty years, this growing company became a manufacturer of optical lenses (including those for the first Canon cameras) and equipment used in cameras, binoculars, microscopes and inspection equipment.