Default Advice on what camera to buy

Hello,

I am looking to buy a camera that excels in taking high quality macro pictures, the higher the quality of the zoom and picture the better, I would take pictures of the DNA of whatever it is I'm photographing if I could.
    My budget goes as far as 500 pounds.
    I am very new to this but am eager to learn every single feature of the camera I choose to buy though I need to be directed to one first.

Thank you for your time.

Images

Quick answer is get a DSLR and a macro lens problem is it will be more than your budget. The lens alone will be very costly. It depends how much quality you want

Quote Originally Posted by Kalofer View Post
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a camera that excels in taking high quality macro pictures, the higher the quality of the zoom and picture the better, I would take pictures of the DNA of whatever it is I'm photographing if I could.
    My budget goes as far as 500 pounds.
    I am very new to this but am eager to learn every single feature of the camera I choose to buy though I need to be directed to one first.

Thank you for your time.
    Hi. As a rule, high quality images are the end product of a high quality lens, and they cost a great deal of money. In many cases they cost many times the price of the camera. The Canon 180mm macro lens costs 1870 as an example. Most would agree that a DSLR camera will give excellent results with a good macro lens, the downside is the cost. Some bridge cameras have a macro facility but this needs to be on a 1:1 ratio. You could spend your money on a camera of this type, but you would likely wish you had saved up some more money to buy a DSLR. Have a look at the pics of Debzg in the gallery, and check out the camera she uses!. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Hi
    Iagree with the other posts , If you want high quality macro photos you will need a DSLR and a true macro lens some thing like the Sigma 105, It will cost more but it is money well spent... Graham
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams