Hi guys hope you are all well, i'm just starting out and am currently doing the research into what camera to get but before i dive in, if you guys could do it again would you have got the latest model for eample 600d or started with an older model for example the 400d? (Oh yeah im talking beginners models!) Going from a point and shoot to a DSLR is a big jump and i'm sure the 400d even though it is a bit older would out perform most if not all point and shoot of today (Correct me if i am wrong).

I am on kind of a tight budget but at the end of the day i would like to get great quality pictures of my children for them to look back on when they are older.

It would be great if any of you reading this could help me out and even suggest other cameras that i could start with, i'm not just focused on canon as i know there are other makes out there!!!

I have looked at reviews but i like to hear from the users as a lot of the time the latest models are pushed out in reviews and made to sound a lot better than previous models, only the users know how much better they really are.