Question Canon 200-400m/m F4-5.6 L lens inc 1.4 Extender

Has anyone heard about when this lens is due to be available?
    Canon here in Asia seem unable to advise( may be a launguage issue) but I heard over a year ago that it was to be released sometime during 2011.

Images

quick look cant find a thing on the release date sorry

Smile

Thanks for looking. There's articles and pics on DP reviews, but I'm wondering whether as these seem to date to April last year whether it was an April fool scam?
    If it's not going to be available soon I'm tempted to go for the 100-400 L lens but I've heard mixed reviews, some glowing and others far from it, which suggest a potential quality control issue.

Images

you could look at sigma lenses

Default Canon 200-400m/m F4-5.6 L lens inc 1.4 Extender

It was because of Quality issues with Sigma I was looking at the L series. Had sigma lens that went faulty very soon after purchase a few years back and Sigma were most unhelpful. Hoping their QA might have improved by now I recently purchased a sigma 28-250m/m. Had to return and exchange twice because of quality problems. Shop agreed that both previous lenses were not up to scratch and replaced with no problem, and I got the impression it was quite expected.
    Seems buying lenses is a bit of a lottery, which given the cost of long lenses doesn't seem quite right!