Hybrid View

Images

Default Looking for info on I.R Vision macro lens

Hi folks, new to this forum so please be gentle with me. I was going through some old gear I found in the back of a cupboard and I came across an I.R Vision Super Wide High Resolution AF Macro 0.42x lens (bit of a mouthful?). I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of this lens and is it still useable with modern cameras? I think it was used years ago on a JVC video camera. Any info on this lens would be much appreciated.

Hi Ken.
    The IR lens would be a bit of a problem trying to match it to a modern camera, for starters it has a 52mm screw thread so I don't know if there are any converters out there. As you know, modern DSLR cameras have bayonet fit lenses which to me rule out any possibility of this lens being used, but I've also learned to never say never in this game. Maybe someone will pop up to say "I know where you can get a converter". The 0.42x suggests that this lens could be only half life size too. I think you need a 1:1 ratio to get true life size. Anyway I saw one on ebay for $25 dollars. All the best.Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Hi Ken. Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know anything about this lens ,but from what i Googled up i think it screws on to a 52mm lens something like a Nikon 18-55 lens. Good luck ... Graham

Images

Thanks for the info guys. I thought this might have been a bit of a long shot but worth a try. I have a Nikon 18-55 lens on my D3100 and it doesn't fit that so it might not fit modern DSLR cameras. I miight stick it on ebay and see what happens (wait for a free listing weekend!). Trying to get some cash together for a Nikon 55-300 so every little helps. Thanks again.