Default Should I buy from Jessops??

Hi all,

I've finally decided to get a Panasonic FZ150 I'm unsure where's the best place to buy.

Having just been into London Camera Exchange, they price matched Jessops but wouldnt throw in a memory card, case or anything which I could probably get Jessops to do.

On asking why I should buy from them they advised that Jessops may not be around for too much longer. This raised a concern and I'm wondering if I was to buy from Jessops and they did go bust in the next 6 - 12 months, would this in any way affect the warrantee etc?

Also is there a cheaper uk based online alternative that can be recommended in confidence?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elliot

Images

Hi elliot
    If you get the camera from Jessops and they close then Panasonic will honour the warrenty.You could look at WEX or Amazon for a better price or bundle. Hope this helps ... graham

Hi Elliot. I can recommend Park Cameras because I've bought quite a range of kit from them and so have some of my friends, we all rate them very highly. As Graham says though, your warranty would be with Panasonic not Jessops. I've never had to return any item of photographic equipment during its warranty, and I can go back for 50 years. So don't worry unduly about a warranty being honoured. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Thanks for the advice guys.

Ended up getting a Panasonic FZ150 from Jessops in the end and they lowered the price and did a deal on including a memory card and carry case which was unexpected!