Hybrid View

Default Canon EOS 1100D or Nikon D3100 SLR? Which to Buy?

Which one is best to go for here? I have narrowed it down to these 2 but not sure which one to go for? The Nikon is bit more expensive but not sure if its worth paying the extra compared with the Canon?

My original spec list was to be able to: -

- Take good quality images in low light and at night
    - Quick fire shooting
    - High distance Zoom level.
    - Panoramic images
    - Full HD video - being able to zoom while filming

What you guys think?? Im getting myself confused and stressed with it all now lol

Images

hi I looked at your previous post for a new camera so here is my take. the two cameras you have here are entry level DSLR's they will take low light depending on what lens you have they fire at about 3fps zoom depends on what lens you attach panoramic depends on which lens not sure about the video part.
    let me also say there is not a one lens that fits all so you will be looking at at least 2 lenses to cover your requirements. if it was me i would look at a canon 550d which is a step up and will carry you into the future for not a lot more money.
    these cameras come with a kit 18-55 lens so you would need a tele zoom and a wide angle but i would start with the kit a nd see how you go.

Hi mate,

I have also been looking at the canon 550d. I saw it on SLRHut.co.uk for 380.

Canon EOS T2i / Kiss X4 / 550D Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm IS lens.

Not too sure if SLRHut is reliable - just dont want to get conned, but from what i hear its a very good price and a top camera.

What you think - is it good to order from there and good price?

I realise i will eventually have to get different lenses. But i think im going to go for the Canon 550D.

Images

hi there are varying reviews on this company who seem to be USA based also it look like the price quoted is not with VAT so that will have to to be added, this is how prices are quoted in America. I would google the company and look at the reviews.

As for the camera you wont be disappointed

Thanks for the feedback, ill probably avoid that site, as when the VAT is added on it works out the same.

I think i am going to go for the Canon EOS 550D, however can someone please explain to me why some are cheaper than others?

I had a look on eBay and seen it for 360, then i noticed its called EOS 550D Kiss, and EOS 550D Rebel??

What should i be looking for if getting from the likes of eBay, such as dont get it from Hong Kong etc?

Images

kiss is from what they call it in japan rebel 2ti is what they call it in usa dont get it from ebay look for a uk dealer and get the warrenty