Default Looking for a fisheye lens for a Canon EOS 1D MK2

Hi guys, hope I'm posting this in the right area, if not feel free to move it.

I've got a http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1dmkii/ with a 28.7 x 19.1 mm CMOS sensor (not the full frame of the 1DS) and I'm getting confused looking for a lens. I need a fisheye lens for shooting skies, the pictures are to be used to map onto domes in a 3D modelling package to create skydomes for animations. As such I need to take 180 degree, circular, full fisheye pics such as this.

I believe this requires an 8mm lens

Problem is, I'm seeing that sensor size has an effect on whether the image is cropped or not and that you need a lens that's specifically designed for smaller sensors to get the fully circular images.

Can anyone precommend any lenses that will give me this kind of image on this camera? I don't need a zoom, a fixed FL lens is fine but it mustn't be cropped.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Gepetto; 23-03-12 at 01:32 PM.

Hi, I see you have posted on the Amateur Photography forum as well and got an answer from Nick, so I will just say the same. Sigma's 4.5mm is circular on an APS-C sensor...

Cheers!

Thanks Chris. Yeah I'm new to both forums so didn't know which was best to post on, copying it was the simplest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    Thanks Chris. Yeah I'm new to both forums so didn't know which was best to post on, copying it was the simplest way.
    No worries! It's just that WDC & AP are sister mags but you should get more response from AP.

Cheers!