Thread: FZ45 Lens

Default FZ45 Lens

Hi there new user here and new to photography, I could do with a little help.
    I have a panny FZ45 that i think is great but the more i am getting in to taking photos of wildlife mostly the less it is seeming to suit me.I am constantly on max zoom when taking photos of birds,rabbits and deer so the shots only have a small image of them.

I have been looking at a teleconverter lens for my camera that is 1.7x, this costs 120.does anyone on here use or used such a lens with the FZ45? Are these lens any good?

Or should i save my money and put it towards a DSLR? Or a diffrent bridge camera? My budget is only 400 MAX.

I am mostly shoting family shots,wildlife and some motorsport so any advice is welcome!

Where are my manners Thank you!

Images

hi and welcome super zooms are ok but the more you get into your subject you find that they are limited. and if you do motor sport then you will find that hey are slow to focus. so the only real answer is how far do you want to take your hobby.
    a DSLR will be fine for what you do, but you will have to get an extra lens or 2 and this is where the cost will rise. so what sort of budget have you in mind

Hi, if you're running out of zoom with the FZ45 at 24x me thinks you are in big trouble. I would get nearer your subject Lol

The converter will need very good light to work well. I would suggest you try before you buy...

To change to a DSLR and get an equivalent lens will set you back thousands.

Don't forget, post processing is an important part of photography and should be used to sharpen and enhance pictures taken with any camera. If you don't have an imaging editor, then use the one in my signature below. There are 32 video tutorials to get you started. The most useful is the http://ictpublish.com/pixlr/Videoes/...06_Levels.html and for the advanced user. The http://ictpublish.com/pixlr/Videoes/...07_Curves.html is a must (it's my favourite all-in-one adjuster). My Resize-Crop-Sharpen tutorial below, will get your pics ready for the internet

Cheers!

Thank you for your replys, I have been loking at the canon sx40 and the new nikon p510 they both look like great cameras with plenty of zoom.I would realy like to keep to a bridge camera because as people have said to get the same zoom out of a DSLR will cost me lots that i just dont have!

I am still thinking about the zoom lens for my panny too! and saving for some lesons on photagraphy.