Default canon eos 550d trimming

would be grateful for some help. When i am going through my pics, mainly motorbikes, on top right of camera i can magnify pics, but is there a handy way of saving the pics when i have them magnified? thanks Joe

Images

hi and welcome I assume you mean that you can look at the picture you have taken on the rear screen and zoom in. as far as i know there isnt a way to save the cropped picture. you will have to crop it again in post processing, you can use canons DPP it came with the camera or photoshop or any other editing suit. secondly you would have to look at recomposing your picture when you take it.

Hi Wave, I'm asking cos I don't know anything about a Canon, but on my camera any images that I crop in camera are automatically saved and I thought that all DSLR's did this. Are you sure my friend that a Canon can't do this?. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

had quick look at the manual and i cant see anything about in camera cropping. it does have a feature called trimming which is for printing look at page 183

Default canon eos550 trimming.

cheers, this is my 1st dslr so a bit alien to me.

hi mondo

wave is right there is no settings for cropping of a image on the 500D ive just looked in the menu the most you can do is rotate your images all comes down to post processing my favorite part thats the love of a DSLR you have the last say in how the final image looks

All the best
    Russ