Default Filming and photographing on a budget

Hi there! Im a new user!

I'm looking to purchase a camera however the market has grown so much since I last bought a camera!
    I'm on a relatively low budget but I'm looking for a pretty decent/ok either digital camera or camcorder to film aircraft at air shows/air events.

I've seen some Canon digiSLR cameras produce fantastic results with video recording so that is why I am swaying that way..but surely there are camcorders that can do just as well or better for cheaper?!

Hope someone can help!

Images

hi and welcome can you please gives us an idea of your budget

Hi..I suppose it tops out at about 300 so relatively low.

Hi, well I shoot with the Panasonic TM60 which has 16GB internal memory. Its now been replaced with the TM80...

I love it and paid over 400 for it, but the TM80 is now under 300...

The still image shot is not good enough for me but that might have improved. http://panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/hd/80_series/

Cheers!

What is it like in terms of recording time? Obviously you remove the recorded files onto computer for storage but what sort of file sizes do you come out with?
    I suppose thats the only thing putting me off fully digital cameras..you don't have a tape!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamwatn View Post
    What is it like in terms of recording time? Obviously you remove the recorded files onto computer for storage but what sort of file sizes do you come out with?
    I suppose thats the only thing putting me off fully digital cameras..you don't have a tape!
    Eek! Tape! Carrying those things around and getting them onto my computer made me give up videoing lol...

At the moment I get two hours with the internal 16GB on Highest Image Quality. And 4.10 hours with a 32GB card. Not tried lower quality settings. If you want more. Get the HS80 with the 120 HDD. That will give you 15.50 hours...

16GB high speed class 10 cards are 8.99 at the mo at http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=111471

Cheers!

Last edited by Chris Cool; 19-03-12 at 09:23 PM.