Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3
    Images
    44

    Default Nikon D4 - My First Shots On A Drizzly Day

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stressedjim/

    Please take a look at last nightís real world test of my new Nikon D4 in normal every day shooting - my first impressions are how different it is to the D3s in feel though how similar it is in looks! That sounds odd but even the sound of the shutter is so different I was genuinely disconcerted in the first hour - took quite a while to set up how I liked but must say the amount of changes you can make is quite astonishing - overall thoughts - ISO ISO ISO! - itís just silly - itís just draw dropping - sure when you zoom in it gets noisy at 12800 but if you donít zoom in you simply cannot be anything other than gobsmacked - off out with the 400mm later for some wildlife shots will post later

    Many thanks

    [Content removed]
    Last edited by TheFatControlleR; 15-05-12 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Removal of commercial URL

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadcoz View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/stressedjim/

    Please take a look at last nightís real world test of my new Nikon D4 in normal every day shooting - my first impressions are how different it is to the D3s in feel though how similar it is in looks! That sounds odd but even the sound of the shutter is so different I was genuinely disconcerted in the first hour - took quite a while to set up how I liked but must say the amount of changes you can make is quite astonishing - overall thoughts - ISO ISO ISO! - itís just silly - itís just draw dropping - sure when you zoom in it gets noisy at 12800 but if you donít zoom in you simply cannot be anything other than gobsmacked - off out with the 400mm later for some wildlife shots will post later

    Many thanks

    www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk
    Now we know who the money people are Jim!!!! ho ho ho!! Seriously though as a Nikon nut myself I just read the report on the new flagship D4 and felt my mouth watering as I read its spec. I thought one day when the boat comes in I'll spoil myself with one of those, but by heck when you consider the cost of kitting out with full frame lenses you could buy a good car for that much. I wish you every success with your D4 and for now I'll be more than happy with my D300. You're going to enjoy your time with your new camera as you get to grips with its capabilities, and I do feel a tad green. All the best, Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3
    Images
    44

    Default

    mike thank you for kind comments - lolol its precisely the same analagy that made me buy it! i thought to myself well people go out and buy new cars , this is more fun and the lenses and camera bodies dont depreciate anywhere near as badly ! best thing i ever did was upgrade mike come on you know you owe it to yourself - your only young once

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadcoz View Post
    mike thank you for kind comments - lolol its precisely the same analagy that made me buy it! i thought to myself well people go out and buy new cars , this is more fun and the lenses and camera bodies dont depreciate anywhere near as badly ! best thing i ever did was upgrade mike come on you know you owe it to yourself - your only young once
    Oh you just made my day young sir with your quip of 'you're only young once'! When I WAS young all we had were box brownies. But as an OAP I relish these wonderful digital cameras. I used to develop and print my own films when I did wedding photography, and working in the confines of a darkroom on a hot summers day is something I will never forget!. At my age I think my D300 will see me out and as I'm not a pro I would never be able to justify buying the wonderful amazing gobsmacking jaw dropping D4. Still I'll get much pleasure in looking at the great shots from people like yourself and others who post their pics in the gallery. The high quality work of you all is simply wonderful. Take care Jim and all the best. Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3
    Images
    44

    Default

    lol cheers mike - may i say i had the d300 a couple of years back and still now think it was a brilliant camera , stunning images with good size of camera so its not to much hassle taking out - understated power and performance made it one of my favourites ive ever owned

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadcoz View Post
    lol cheers mike - may i say i had the d300 a couple of years back and still now think it was a brilliant camera , stunning images with good size of camera so its not to much hassle taking out - understated power and performance made it one of my favourites ive ever owned
    I have to agree with you there Jim, and as you said earlier, buying a good camera is better than buying a car because it wouldn't depreciate the same. Still I don't entirely discount the possibilities of me having a D4 one day because I've had my heart set on a full frame camera for a while and before the D4 appeared I had been thinking of the D3s. I have Nikon running through my veins and nothing could persuade me to change to another brand, I just love every single thing about my camera. I hear guys saying at times that their camera is fine, BUT and then come the drawbacks. I've never ever felt like that with my camera, have you?. All the best,Mike.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •