Thread: Lenses Sony A55

Default Lenses Sony A55

Hi, Newbie to forum.

I have recently purchased an A55 which I am still getting used to!
    I intend to use it for general photography,but also for motorcycle
    racing and photography at the TT.

I will need a fast lens,with good focal length,but don't want to spend a fortune!!
    and would appreciate any advice/experience from the forum

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tripleT View Post
    Hi, Newbie to forum.

I have recently purchased an A55 which I am still getting used to!
    I intend to use it for general photography,but also for motorcycle
    racing and photography at the TT.

I will need a fast lens,with good focal length,but don't want to spend a fortune!!
    and would appreciate any advice/experience from the forum

thanks
    Hi and welcome.

Well, at the TT, you can shoot with a compact, you can get so close lol

Where you stand is most important. Also, http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...tter-speed.htm means you don't need a fast lens. After all. You would want to give some movement to your images by blurring the background...

Phil Hall (deputy editor) said the other day:
    "If you’re on a budget, then take a look at Sony’s 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT lens for 189. Optically there are better options out there, while the focus can be noisy, but its hard to grumble at considering the price.

Stretching the budget further, and the Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP Di USD at 329 is a great lens for the price and features a Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) for reduced AF noise. Because the A350 has an anti-shake system built in to the camera, the lens doesn’t feature Tamron’s Vibration Compensation (VC) that’s found on Canon and Nikon fit examples. Results are very good, while ergonomically its very good too – in our recent group test of telephoto zoom lenses, the Tamron 70-300mm was the pick of the bunch."

Because it's a digital image, they are so easy to manipulate in so many ways so one doesn't have to spend a fortune on top lenses, just some post processing skills...

Post processing is an important part of photography and should be used to sharpen and enhance pictures taken with any camera. If you don't have an imaging editor, then use the one in my signature below. There are 32 video tutorials to get you started. The most useful is the http://ictpublish.com/pixlr/Videoes/...06_Levels.html and for the advanced user. The http://ictpublish.com/pixlr/Videoes/...07_Curves.html is a must (it's my favourite all-in-one adjuster). My Resize-Crop-Sharpen tutorial below, will get your pics ready for the internet

Cheers!

Default a55 lens

Hi Chris ,

would the Tamron be ok in lower light levels?

some of the areas we spectate in are under trees and if it's not sunny

the light can be quite poor.

thanks

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tripleT View Post
    Hi Chris ,

would the Tamron be ok in lower light levels?

some of the areas we spectate in are under trees and if it's not sunny

the light can be quite poor.

thanks

Pete
    No problems. You will probably be shooting around F8 - F11 anyway.

Those post processing tutorials will help you sort out any dark images, let alone your camera skills. Do you have a good basic knowledge of photography? Look at Canons DSLR pictorial walk through (it applies to all DSLRs). At the end. You should understand all what has been shown http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/index.html

Come back if you have more questions after seeing it.

Cheers!

Default a55 lens

Thanks Chris,

will give this a try