Thread: Assignment

Default Assignment

Hi everyone.

I'm a final year university student and am doing a strategic business review of the digital camera market in the UK.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I can find any information about the market size, growth rates and trends and also how this market would be segmented in terms of consumers.

I'm doing a PESTLE analysis on the UK market then concentrating on Canon and am doing a competitive analysis for them followed by a critical review of their positioning and management of the marketing mix in this sector. I need to identify the options that they have to move forward.

I have already done a fair bit of work on this but any extra recommended resources would be more than welcome - especially as I have no idea about digital cameras!

I'm not looking for people to do my assignment for me as it is nearly complete but most of my information is from academic journals or online articles and I would like to get clarification that I am understanding the market correctly. I think the best people to ask is the camera users themselves. For example:

I have segmented the market by consumer and have done this with the following categories:

Amateurs - use compact cameras or compact system cameras
    Keen amateurs - use Bridge cameras
    Professionals use - DSLR's

I would like to know if camera users agree with this and (in your opinions) is there other terminology that you believe would fit this better e.g. Pro consumers?

Many thanks in advance

Images

just picked this up i would say I am a keen amateur and I use a mid level DSLR, pro's tend to use high end DSLR's full frame. as for amateurs they could use entry level DSLR's. i dont think thats what you mean.
    general photography users tend to use p&s or bridge keen photographers those who want to improve will use DSLR's and professionals will use high end DSLR's. hope this helps

That's a great help. Thank you.