Personal cloud apps for My Book Live

Western Digital has announced a pair of mobile apps to support its My Book Live storage device. The apps, titled WD 2go and WD 2go Pro, facilitate secure remote access to files stored on the My Book Live through mobile devices such as the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android compatible devices.

Western Digital’s My Book Live allows users to set up their personal ‘cloud’ storage solution, and now offers access on the go. The WD 2go app supports a wide variety of media formats for seamless streaming and supports access to Microsoft Office files.

In addition to said functionality, the WD 2go Pro supports clipping of a variety of files enabling subsequent offline access, as well as automatic sync to mobile devices and additional security.

The WD 2go and WD 2go Pro are currently available to download from the iTunes store and Android Market, with the WD 2go available free and the Pro version priced at $2.99. The Western Digital My Book Live is available in 1, 2 and 3TB versions, priced at roughly £106.99, £125 and £160 respectively.

For more information of both the new apps and the My Book Live, visit Western Digital online.