Hybrid View

Default Canon L series lens with EOS 450D

Hi there, I am looking to upgrade my lens for my Canon EOS 450D to a better model and am interested in either:

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM
    Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM*

Now I am willing to spend the money on the lenses but am not sure it's worth it for the 450D model considering the small size frame sensor. I use this camera mainly when travelling for shooting 90% of the time during daylight, dawn or dusk. So I am looking for a decent lens I don't have to take off.

My current lens is the:
    Tamron macro AF 18-200 F/3.5-6.3XR Di

This has served me really well, however I have found I don't really need all that zoom and the image quality is not great at the higher zoom.

Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks

Images

hi and welcome cannot fault either lens but they are expensive and taking into the crop factor you will end up with 38- 112 or 38-168, so you will loose at the wide end. you might want to look at a sigma 17-70os f2.8-4 which is a lot cheaper or even the canon 15-85.

The 24-105 is a lovely lens, used to use that on my 450 years ago. Takes amazing pictures. If it is the zoom you are looking for the poss the 70-200 may be a better bet. For the best of both worlds I would look at the 24-105, unless you want to spend lots on a full frame camera!!! Not always ideal.