Default BuyaCamera.co.uk

HI I am looking to buy a Canon 600D and the best price seems to be significantly cheaper on www.buyacamera.co.uk, the guy in Jessops said they would be imported units at that price - all their feedback seems good.

Does anyone have any experience of this website and know whether they are imports and are actually buying imports an issue?

Many thanks
    Ash

Images

I would google them and look at customer reviews

Default buy a camera

I have and the reviews are mainly positive but they all refer to point of purchase and not during ownership of the camera? And one post states that it was an imported camera, after he had specifically asked them and they said no!
    So you can see why i want to seek some views?
    Thanks

Images

i have found a review that said they received an american import but they have been going for a few years too. hard to say really

Hi AshShep.

I've also been looking into buying my new camera from BuyaCamera.co.uk. Like you said, the reviews sound quite positive, but after looking into it a bit further a number of buyers were complaining that the goods they received were either 'grey imports' or arriving as 'white box' items (i.e. not in the manufactures official boxing - and sometimes with items missing from the box).

All that does not sound good to me, but because the savings in buying from them were so large, I decided to email them to confirm that the cameras they sold were the official UK models and in the unopened, original manufacturers packaging complete with all accessories.

I received the following email back:

"Apologies for not replying sooner, the Canon EOS 550D with 18-55mm lens kit
    we advertise is sometimes split into body and lens as not everyone wants
    both together, other than that the only other thing to reply on is the
    warranty, which is no longer necessary for goods in the UK - all you
    require, if you need to contact for service is your proof of purchase
    receipt.

Regards

Buyacamera".

Hmmmm. The broken English didn't really answer my question though did it? So I asked them again. Is it the UK model in the original packaging?

I received this back from them:

"We can confirm that the Canon 550D with 18-55mm lens is in official Canon packaging etc, if you are not completley happy with your purchase, you are quite within you rights to return it to us, unused and within 14 days for a refund.

Regards
    Buyacamera".

Make of that what you will, but once again it didn't fill me with confidence. From my point of view it now means I won't be touching them with a bargepole! I'd rather pay the extra and get it from Jessops or some other company I have actually heard of.

I hope this helps you in making your decision and good luck with whoever you decide to buy from. If you do get it from BuyaCamera.co.uk, I'd be interested to hear what happens!

Regards

Sota

Default buyacamera

Hi thanks i agree, in fact i had similar responses from them, so i bought a Canon 600 from Jessops, which whilst at face value was more expensive, they did me a good deal on the add lense & accessories plus a voucher for 100 for soem lessons, whioch i need!!
    And they gave me soem great advice, which is pricelee when starting out with a grown up camera!!

Good luck with yours
    Ash