Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me decide!

Oh dear! I'm so tempted to go back to the shop and buy back my Minolta Dynax 5D! I miss it already.

I think I will ring them on Monday. Don't get me wrong I love the new Pentax K-r, but I miss my old friend.

Images

Hi Juliet
    I know exactly how you feel i did something similar with an acoustic guitar. I had an old Levin and traded it in for a Taylor, as soon as i done the deal i knew i had made a mistake. Let us know what you decide to do... Graham

Images

Meant to say I kept the Taylor guitar for 4 or 5 years and grew to love it ... graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your reply.

I've decided to go back to the shop tomorrow morning, and ask to buy back the Dynax 5D, I've actually had a sleepless night thinking about what i should do! Silly I know, but something just don't feel right.

Plus, I've decided the deal I had wasn't such a good one after all. See what you think:

Advertised as Pentax K-r with kit lens, comes with 8GB SD card and Tamrac bag - 399. Ideal!

Did the deal, with trade-in, thought in the excitment of it all that everything was tickety-boo.

What I actually got was the Pentax K-r with kit lens, a second hand 4GB card which they went out the back and formatted, and a freebie promotional Pentax bag with no handles which is too small! Never noticed the bag until a while later at home, too busy checking over the camera - as you do.

Thinking back on the actually day of the deal, the staff weren't all that customer friendly, seeing as that was the second camera we had purchased from them in less than a week, over 800 in total spent.

I went in on Saturday morning and confronted them about the bag etc, and all they said was, "We will see what we can do and give you a ring."

I could see my old Dynax kit still lying there on the floor from the previous day, and I think that's what did it, my stomach churned and I knew something wasn't right in my world. Came home and discussed it with hubby, who suggested going in tomorrow, and sort it all out once and for all!

So there you have it! Wish me luck, cause I'm a bag of nerves thinking about it.

Images

Hi Juliet,
    Secondhand card, bag with no handles or strap??? Also to small. Useless.
    I think I would be going back. They have not kept to the deal. Also if you bought
    with your credit card get in touch with them if you have any problems as you
    were over 100.
    Graham
    best of luck

Thanks Graham for your support.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Hi Graham,

Just to update you on how I got on today at the camera shop.

I had yet another sleepless night, was up at the crack of dawn, and standing outside the camera shop before it was open! Couldn't risk any customers seeing the Dynax 5D, and wnting to buy it before I got there! Silly old me........

They still had the Dynax 5D, but it was just about to go on sale. I asked if I could buy it back, and the assistant faltered a bit saying he would have to speak to the manager, (who was at the other shop), as he didn't think I could buy it back for what I exchanged it for, I would have to pay their retail price as the deal had been made.

Anyway I then pointed out that actually the deal was not yet fulfilled, as I had not received the new 8GB SD card or the Tamrac bag, as stated in the shops offer. He queried this offer, and asked where I had seen it. I dutifully provided him with the print-off from their website showing the deal, and he went a funny colour, and said that shouldn't still be on the website as this was just a xmas offer!

Anyway, he dialled the managers number to ask about it and then changed his mind for some reason, gave me the 8GB card and Tamrac bag, and boxed up the Dynax 5D. The 125.00 cash was there on the counter waiting for him, so he took it without saying anything, altered my receipt, and gave me the Dynax 5D kit back.

He then asked if everything was now in order, I said yes, thank you, the deal is now complete. So we parted on good terms, what a relief!

I think he knew the shop's reputation would have been on the line if he didn't fulfill the deal!

Thank god that's all over!

Sorry to be long winded, but I needed to get all that off my chest, and lay the whole ordeal to rest. And I'm really glad to get back my Dynax 5D, I'm never parting with it again!

Images

Thumbs up

Hi Juliet
    With the day you had at least you will get a good nights sleep tonight. I'm glad you got your old friend back and all ended well, I think you were right about the shops reputation well done...Graham,