Default photography books

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a good book that gives you the basics on ISO, shutter speed, apertures, lightning etc there are thousands and most seem to be about editing in photoshop. - I was due to start a beginners course but it got cancelled ( so I'm looking to read what I can before it starts up again in April.
    Thank you Tina x

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone recommend a good book that gives you the basics on ISO, shutter speed, apertures, lightning etc there are thousands and most seem to be about editing in photoshop. - I was due to start a beginners course but it got cancelled ( so I'm looking to read what I can before it starts up again in April.
    Thank you Tina x
    Hi Tina. I think most of us gain much knowledge simply by reading good photography magazines such as the What Digital Camera, Digital Photo, and of course there are others. Some come out each week and others once a month. You'll always find articles on the subjects you mention which will give you all the information you need. Personally I learn a lot with each issue and always look forward to the next one. Maybe one of our forum users knows of just the book you need, sorry I can't name one for you. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Hi and welcome this is a good place to start there are videos and articles to help. But, in the end there is nothing better than taking pictures with modern cameras the exif data is always there and with that you can check what settings you had used. So you will learn by your mistakes and successes. What type of camera do you have it will help to give advice

Images

Hi Tina
    Take a look at exposure a digital field guide by Alan Hess
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_3jv3by1xc5_e
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Hi Tina,
    Take a look on here Karl Taylor does a free micro course that I am doing at the moment and I find it very useful as a learner, you can play the videos as often as you like as well as print off or read the PDF files

karltaylorphotography.co.uk

Hope this helps

Charles