Images

Question Totally confused DSLR help please

Hi
    I have previously posted about purchasing a bridge camera but am now considering a DSLR I have been researching loads but it's all starting to blur

I keep coming back to the Nikon D3100 & Canon EOS 550D

I do need something at a beginners level (about to start a photography college course) as for price I will save for a good one.

Any help / suggestions would be great.

Thanks Tina x

Images

Hi and heres my take on this. You are about to take a college course the cameras you have looked at are different the d3100 is equivalent to a canon 1100d they are for beginers and as you are taking a course you will out grow them very quickly. The 550d is equivalent to a d5100 and this is where you should be looking. At this time there are some really good deals on the 550d and it is a very good camera having the same sensor as 60d and 7d. IMHO you will not be dissapointed with the 550d.

Images

Thank you for the advice wave. I have been looking at price..... need to ask another question:

I have found 2 deals and as I don't know anything about lenses please help

deal 1) 550d body + EF-S 18-135mm IS lens 689.90

deal 2) 550d body + EF-S 18-55mm IS lens & EF-S 55-250mm IS lens 671.88

Many Thanks

Tina x

Images

The beauty of a SDLR is the ability to change lenses deal2 in my opinion is the the better deal. The 18-55 kit lens isnt a bad lens and IMHO is better than the 18-135. The 55-250 punches well above its weight in the image quality stakes so For me deal 2 you will save some money and you can put that towards a 50 1.8 which you will get for under 85 pounds and again this is a really good prime lens

Images

Wave

Thank you very much for your help

Tina x