Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New camera

Default New camera

Hi after hours of searching on the and getting no where, I thought I would come to the experts.

My problem, My family are due to go on holiday to Florida soon, for the theme parks, Swimming with the dolphins, etc. Im thinking that we need a new camera as our sony cybershot N50 is ok but i want something better..

I have spoken to a photographer friend of mine and he has given me some advice, which was

Im going to need a camera with optical zoom, fast focus, sport mode, image stabaliser, burst mode, and something that can save in RAW mode, so that my pics can be rescued in photoshop i presume lol.

My budget not the best but as being as im getting a new camera might as well get a good one, the budget up to 600..

Advice please from the experts lol..

many thanks

66 views but no advice

Images

hi and welcome if you are going to discovery cove then take my word they do a good job of taking your pictures. it does cost though. as for a camera what is your knowledge of photography

I want to point the camera and let it do the work lol, yeah we are going to discovery cove, I want a camera that can fast focus on the shows at seworld, i dont want to miss any photos like i did last time, they were either over exposed or out of focus....

But if i get a good camera i want to take up photography afterwards,

hi jas
    have you thought about buying one of the DSLR kits or you more a point and shoot person as you will have more control on the out come of your images with a DSLR saving you money in the long run

yes id like a go at the dslr, i have upto 600 to spend, so what should i look at?

Images

for a good deal Look at a canon 550d you can get some very good deals now.

Quote Originally Posted by jas0npc View Post
    yes id like a go at the dslr, i have upto 600 to spend, so what should i look at?
    Hi Jason. You can get the 550D body only for 439 inc Cashback, and if it was me I would go for a lens more suitable for your needs like the Canon 55-250mm f4.0- 5.6 IS II, 229 from WEX Photographic. The basic kit lens is only an 18-55mm and is not powerful enough for your needs. The 55-250mm is not a very fast lens but a fast lens like the f2.0 Canon 200mm will set you back a cool 4,939.99. All it means is that you would be shooting at higher ISO speeds to have a fast shutter speed using the 55-250mm. A good way to develop your camera skills. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Many thhanks I will have a look at the reviews for it

Images

another lens to look at is the tamron and look at a 18- 250 it will cover it all