Images

Default Which one should i buy? Help!

Having recently dropped my Nikon P100 I have been looking for another camera.

The P100 was great but I was a little disappointed at the image quality when using the zoom.

The most important thing is a long zoom and good image quality.

I like to take wildlife and beach shots mostly.

I am tempted by the Canon SX40 which seems to have the image quality edge and better is. But the Nikon P500 has some good reviews and is considerably cheaper. Or do I wait for the new Fuji that is coming out???????????????????

So please would someone help. Which would you buy......................................

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated

Hi. Both cameras are much the same, both zoom to over 800mm and have Image Stabilisation. The Canon seems better specified but is that worth an extra 150. I haven't heard of the new Fuji you mention, but as a Nikon user myself I'm biased anyway and would opt for the P500. I bought my D300 4 years ago and still love it to bits, it's awesome and very reliable, not one problem. Try going in store and hold your choice in your hands to get a feel of them, often this makes a difference to any preconceived ideas. Good hunting.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012