Question Epsom R3000 Printer problems

I would appreciate some advice on why my images are so disappointing compared to what I see on the screen. They are consistently darker. I use a Canon 40d, with PSE9 and a Sony Vaio monitor + Epsom glossy paper. I have checked that my colour management is turned off on the R3000, and selected in PSE9.

Quote Originally Posted by Susi G View Post
    I would appreciate some advice on why my images are so disappointing compared to what I see on the screen. They are consistently darker. I use a Canon 40d, with PSE9 and a Sony Vaio monitor + Epsom glossy paper. I have checked that my colour management is turned off on the R3000, and selected in PSE9.
    Hi Susi. I use the Epson R360 Photo Printer, and it's connected to my PC. I usually download my images into Picasa, just sharpen some of them and then print from Picasa. You can alter any of the colours, hues, saturation etc before printing and I think it works great for me. Also in my printer's menu I can set it to print darker or lighter, so maybe yours will do the same? I don't know what a PSE9 is but is it possible you have too much gear which may affect the image quality. You could try using just your PC and printer, or if you don't use a PC then try using settings in your printers menu to lighten the pics. All the best.
    Humility is an endearing quality and gains many friends, whereas arrogance loses them. Mike, 2012

Images

Hi Susi G
    Welcome to the forum
    Check to see it your camera, Photoshop elements and the printer are all speaking the same language ether SRGB or Adobe RGB ... graham

Images

Hi first thing IMHO is that your screen will show pictures up brighter than a print. You can try to calibrate your screen that will help a little you can check that you use the same colour management through out ie camera pc and printer all set to SRGB. Try a different paper something like permajet. I know I get better results when not using HP paper ( I have a HP printer)
    Have you tried sending a couple of iamges away to to say photobox and see what there results are.