Hybrid View

Default Hi, new to DSLR, need a little help, please

Hi, everyone, I'm new to DSLR. I have done some researches, and I have set my sight on Canon 1100D and 600D. I know the differences between them, such as LCD size and resolution, and 6 mega pixels between them.
    I have a tight budget, around 400, should I push it a bit further to get 600D or 1100D is good enough for me? Thank you all very much!!

Images

It really depends what you want to do with it, if you you could specify that would really help, thanks

Images

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-1100D-vs-Canon-600d

Personally, I would choose the Canon-600d but if your budget is tight, and stretching is not an option, then1100d should do, unless it is necesarry for more advanced shots

Quote Originally Posted by Cameragirl View Post
    It really depends what you want to do with it, if you you could specify that would really help, thanks
    I want to enter DLSR world, and I know some of the basics of DLSR, and still learning. I'm not so keen about the resolution, therefore 12M or 18M, doesn't really bother me. The most I like about 600D is its LCD screen, it's much better than 1100D's. Having said that, do I want to pay almost 200 more, I don't know. I just want to get someone who know photography better than I do.
    Thanks!!

Images

I originally invested in the 1000D (the 1100D's predecessor) and stuck with it for 5 months until I met the 600D. It wasn't available at that time, but I sure am glad that I made the move.

What type of photography are you into zhouzilu?

Images

The 110d is an ok camera but as you progress you will find that you will out grow it. IMHO the 600d is the better bet

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    The 110d is an ok camera but as you progress you will find that you will out grow it. IMHO the 600d is the better bet
    You are not the first person said it. I might have to stretch my budget a little bit more, and go for 600D. Thanks for the advice

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0n_edge View Post
    I originally invested in the 1000D (the 1100D's predecessor) and stuck with it for 5 months until I met the 600D. It wasn't available at that time, but I sure am glad that I made the move.

What type of photography are you into zhouzilu?
    I already read a couple of books about photography, it's really fascinating. I don't travel a lot, therefore I don't think I will shoot landscape any time soon. Maybe just portrait, and day to day shooting.
    By the way, do you have 600D now or still having 1000D? Were you happy with 1000D or you prefer 600D?

Images

I've read some books and mainly magazines. I normally turn to them when I need to look at something in particular (histograms or white balance). Can't learn everything through theory, practice is the best method. I try to spend most or all my free time behind the camera snapping away.

The 1000D was a nice camera to get started on, but the age of this model begins to show once you've got the hang of it. Since purchasing the 600D 3 months ago, I shortly gave my 1000D as a gift for a close friend. I much prefer the 600D. The on-screen guide will be of use if it's your first camera. I think it's a lot better to grip and its packed full of features - new or updated.