Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Digital Camera Advice Please?

Hello, I am new to this forum so a big hello to everyone. Now for my question I am a very keen angler and I am now needing a very good camera designed for the purpose of taking self shots. Now I am not good on camera's and was hoping for a bit of advice. With my angling taking off in a way, doing features for mags and doing various articles via my blog it's important I get something that will do the job.

Now what I am requiring here is a flip screen so self shots are easy to take and get right etc, a custom self timer or a remote control that will enable me to take a picture by a click of the switch or the press of a button (much prefer this). I also need no less than 12 Megapixel and the capability to take good video if possible.

I have a budget of 160 and do not wish to spend more than this, does anyone have any ideas or can recommend me a digital camera of this type as I am really struggling to find one.

Oh and also the editing of pictures and video does help but is not essential, must also be compact and not bulky.

I hope there's something you can suggest, thanks and hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Richard

Images

HI!
    Oh dear, am not suprised that yu cant find much... cameras of this type are not usually under 160, so sorry, cant be very helpful.

Images

are you looking for a DSLR (haha, not at that price!!!) a MILC, or a compact?

Images

For magazines, this is definately not the best, but it is 160 at simply electronics
    At launch it was priced 250 but has gone down considerably

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cam...1046279/review

It is a compact, the Samsung MV800 has 16 megapixels, 5x optical, HD video, flip screen
    I read part of the review though, and they complained about screen quality, but at only 160 it is hard to find something good.
    For something better, try a MILC camera, but i am not sure how much they cost, probably too much.

Images

just looked at some MILC cameras, and the particular ones i looked at were priced at about 4-500, so again, too much.

Images

Hi Ricky,welcome to the forum. You could look at the samsung MV 800 .It is slightly over your budget but only just.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MV80...3973686&sr=8-1
    Hope this helps
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Thanks guys, been looking at the Samsung myself, but was put off by the reviews of it. It looks good for what I need it for so I guess this makes me think that I will plump for this. However someone told me that I should look for a "Bridge", camera as they're easier to use, what do they mean by "Bridge"?

I just want something that will take good pictures, (sharp), compact, flip so self shots are easy to take. Thanks for the help so far though guys, I think the Samsung is probably what I'd go for but any other help you can offer it would be most appreciated.

Ricky

Images

Hi
    A bridge camera is between a compact and a DSLR. You might struggle to get one on your budget though... graham

Images

Hi and welcome Like other people have said your budget is limited so with that in mind look at what else you needed. good IQ flip screen easy to use. I think to get this you will have to up your budget to be honest look at doubling it but it will be worth it as you will get the IQ and ease of use. I would save and wait.then go to shop and try them out

Images

Hi Don't know if this will help but it is worth a look
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PowerS...57903&sr=1-123