Thread: Editing to B&W

Images

Default Editing to B&W

Im converting some photos that I wish to have in the hallway And Im having trouble with one concerning a messy background. I have managed to blur this using gaucassian?? blur but im not sure of the outcome on one of the figures.

To give a better example do i have permission to upload the picture on here ?

Images

lets see the picture

Images

Yes, please post the picture.

Images

Here it is. The top of the little lasses head looks like she has been added to the pic

Images

try dropping some of the hightlights down the mans shoulder is blown. Is that the original pic or have you enhanced already

hi thatbloke

are you using Adobe Photoshop if so were you have used gaucassian blur
    i would use the lens blur which is under the filter's tab blur
    make a copy of the image on the top layer apply the lens blur to the whole image then using a layer mask on the lens blur image invert the layer mask and paint in the blur around the top of the girls head with a soft brush at 40% opacity flow set at 50% if you dont get it right first time just invert your paint colour from white to black and paint out the blur on the layer mask
    as i say to any one ive showed over the years how to use Photoshop
    i tell them its all about non destructive editing is photoshop and how to use Layer mask's
    hope this is some help

russ
    Last edited by Blitz Photography & Prod; 15-12-11 at 12:39 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    try dropping some of the hightlights down the mans shoulder is blown. Is that the original pic or have you enhanced already
    The origianl photo is in colour. I havent messed with any lighting just blurred out the images between the two figures

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Photography & Prod View Post
    hi thatbloke

are you using Adobe Photoshop if so were you have used gaucassian blur
    i would use the lens blur which is under the filter's tab blur
    make a copy of the image on the top layer apply the lens blur to the whole image then using a layer mask on the lens blur image invert the layer mask and paint in the blur around the top of the girls head with a soft brush at 40% opacity flow set at 50% if you dont get it right first time just invert your paint colour from white to black and paint out the blur on the layer mask
    as i say to any one ive showed over the years how to use Photoshop
    i tell them its all about non destructive editing is photoshop and how to use Layer mask's
    hope this is some help

russ
    thank you Sir. I will try that and let you know if it comes out well

hi thatbloke

is this 2 images as ive just looked again at the bigger image you up loaded to your gallery
    have you cut this out adding your son and grand daughter on there own layer in photoshop and then blured the back ground layer as the edges look cut out there's one bit on your grand daughters arm is missing and the high light in the bit of hair by here ear if so masking out any photo is hard as this is what i did for a long time m8 before i took up photography editing a friends photos taken here out of here studio shots and then putting here in to different back grounds its a art getting it spot on to get the blend right so people don't now you have done it

and like i said about that lens blur i find it one of the best ways to get a natural blured back ground when using photoshop and layer masks

i hope you can get it looking the way you want as its a lovely photo
    all the best m8

russ