Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2x teliphoto lens

Hi I am new to the forum and photography, I bought a kodak Z740 camera some years ago and never got around to using it due to work commitments, however, I have finally got it out of the box, new batteries and it works great.

What I really want to know is if I buy a 2 x teliphoto lens for this will it turn my 10x zoom to 20x zoom if not what advantage will the 2x teliphoto lens be.

I have the chance to buy a lens kit 1 Teliphoto 1 wide angle and 4 filters all to fit my make and model.

Sorry to be a bit thick but just starting out so want to keep it simple to start with

Thanks

Charles

Images

Hi Charles. Welcome to the forum. Yes the 2x lens will multiply it by 2 giving 20x zoom... graham

Thanks Graham

Images

Let us know how you get on with it... graham

Thanks I will do. I have just uploaded 3 pictures to the gallery which I took using a Casio Excilm. They are only my first attempts but hope to get some constructive feedback and hints and tips

Cheers

Charles

hi Charles
    first off welcome to the forum
    ive just taken a look at your 3 images and that Rusty Rita one you would think that would have been taken with a DSLR to me thats a super image again the fish one nice clear image the any one i past comment on was your Yorkshire Mist nice image just a bit to blue for me might be the camera thats made it look that way but still 3 nice images i had a compact camera for some years before i made the move to a DSLR and i would have wished my ones taken would have turned out half as good as ones you have posted look forward to seeing more of your images

all the best

russ

Smile

Thank Russ

I wasn't sure that they would be good enough for the site but your comments have given me more confidence to get out and try a few more I do hope to progress to a bridge/DSLR camera eventually.

Thank you for your comments

Charles

Hate a be a know it all, but stick a 2 x lens on wont make it a 20x zoom

So like 10 - 100mm would turn into a 20-200mm

Images

Hi Graham
    That is the set I was thinking of buying for my Kodak z740, however I am also looking at either a 14 mp bridge camera with 24x zoom or a DSLR i am just looking at the difference betwen the two as I am new to all this. Am I right in thinking that the bridge camara will have a fixed lens where the DSLR will have interchageable lenses.