Default Newbie. Needs advice for Sports Camera

Hi, I need to buy an automatic digital camera for good quality moving action shots. It would also need to perform in areas where the light can be quite poor. I have a Budget of up 250. I DO NOT need features such as 3D and GPS. Any advice on the best camera would be gratefully received.

Images

Hi and welcome what we need to know is what you define as good quality. My first thought is you need a SDLR with some fast lens and that is going to be outside of your budget. so it depends on what quality you want.

If you're going to be shooting a lot of action, then we'd recommend you should save up for a DSLR - they're much more responsive than a compact or Compact System Camera. They may not have the ultra fast frame advance of much more affordable compact cameras, but they can sustain this burst for longer, while AF speed and handling are much more suited to action.

That said, if you want to get yourself a compact camera, we'd suggest you take a look at the Casio EXILIM ZR100 for around 215. The ZR100 can shoot at up to 40fps (frames per second) for a maximum of 30 shots, so you should be able to get that decisive shot you want. It can also shot slow-mo video at 240 or 480fps, though at a reduced resolution. Normal 1080p HD video capture is also available.