Default Help choosing a Bridge Camera please

We are looking to get into photography and are looking for a fairly easy to use general camera.
    I say Bridge camera as we are complete novices ! it will be used for general picture taking again until we find out what we enjoy photographing.

Our budget is up to about 250ish !!!

I think I have confused myself sufficiently with looking at so many cameras, so would like some pointers and suggestions

Thank You in advance

Graham

Images

Hi Graham
    You could look at the Fuji hs20, just under 250... graham_c

Thank You for the reply I must admit it is one of the cameras I have already looked at.
    If anyone has any other suggestions it would be appreciated.

Images

have a look at the canon sx130 or a g12 if you can go to that

Thanks for the suggestions, I think the fuji is still favourite at the moment, but if anyone else has any other suggestions of cameras sililar to the fuji hs20, it would be appreciated

asked similiar question recently myself and was told to buy a dslr if you can afford it or buy the fuji hs20 however i bought a nikon d3100 and it is easy to use so far with guide etc for begginers like myself but its a but dearer.

Thank you for that reply, If it was just for me I would probably go the dslr route ! However my partner is also interested in taking up the hobby but has mobility and balance problems, I thought a bridge camera might balance ease of use with a large range of zoom in one package. And we wouldn't have to carry a lot of extra kit, useful if she went off on her own to take photographs.

Looks like a trip to Jessops to see what the camera feels like is on the cards later this week.

But still open to any other suggestions.