Thread: what lens

Default what lens

just purchased nmy first camera a nikon d3100 and have teh 18-55mm lens kit but looking at getting another lens for it and seen the tamron and sigma 70-300mm lens for around 180 anyien give me some feedback on what one is best

the lens i got with camera is the 18-55mm vr lens should i buy another vr lens as they seem to be alot dearer most of my shots wil be my kids or the dog running around field and some sport shots aswell hopefully

or if anyone can reccommend any other lenses that i could have a look at as im new to all this

Images

Hi the 2 lenses you mention looking at the price you quote are the non stablised versions, I would look at getting vr on your lenses. If you want sports then you will have to pay more for a good fast lens

thanks for reply could you possibly reccommend me a lens or a good website to compare lenses as not too cleud up on this

We're testing a host of stabilised 70-300mm lenses for the Jan issue off WDC that's going to press now - we'll have the full review in the mag. On sale Dec 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Hall View Post
    We're testing a host of stabilised 70-300mm lenses for the Jan issue off WDC that's going to press now - we'll have the full review in the mag. On sale Dec 23rd.
    Hi,

What magazine is this please? I would really like to read about it.

Images

What digital camera is the mag