Default Setting Coulor Point with curves CS4

Hi, I use CS4 and I want to do some colour correction so I use the colour sampler to select areas I want to change ie Highlights to around 242 but I want to place a sample point for midtones on the RGB channels at the same time, to do this I understand if I place the cursor over a sample point and hold Ctrl + Shift then click it should set points on all channels but when I hover over the sample my colour sample point picker changes to the move tool so I assume I must have hit a button someplace but don't no where! Any help please.
    Thanks
    Russ

hi russ

if your trying to set colours with the sampler then you only need to press shift key to add these's points
    not shift + any thing else thats were your going wrong if you want to do any thing say with Curves adjustment's layer then you would press CTRL
    what you need to do is go to Adobe web site and down load a PDF of all the short cut keys for photoshop this does really help and does speed up your work when editing your work once you know a few keys

hope this helps you out
    all the best russ
    Last edited by Blitz Photography & Prod; 21-10-11 at 04:11 AM.

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Photography & Prod View Post
    hi russ

if your trying to set colours with the sampler then you only need to press shift key to add these's points
    not shift + any thing else thats were your going wrong if you want to do any thing say with Curves adjustment's layer then you would press CTRL
    what you need to do is go to Adobe web site and down load a PDF of all the short cut keys for photoshop this does really help and does speed up your work when editing your work once you know a few keys

hope this helps you out
    all the best russ
    Hi, Thank you for the reply, I now no what I was doing wrong, to set the point in the Curves Adjustment Layer on all channels RGB with one click you have to to change from the colour samler to either the eyedropper tool or the Auto-Select-Targeted Adjustment Tool then place your cursor on the colour point you made with the colour sampler and click

nice one glad you sorted it photoshop as loads of hiden things lol