Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Currupt photo's

Images

two things that could be done as they look ok in camera. 1 get another reader it ould be fulty. 2 use canons EOS utility to down load direct rom camera.

Default Corrupt files

Yes wave I've down loaded files direct,from camera,to eos utility software,on to my pc.Using a separate card reader is something i've dabbled with but not the"full monty".Strange how it only happens on the odd photo.Thanks for replying mate....Rosie

Images

hi i think its time to try and use another computer and cable so that the only thing left is the camera. if it down loads ok then the camera is ok, and the problem is your computer or cable or connector, if it errors then the fault is at the camera end.

Default Corrupt files

Latested update on my corrupt card saga is the complete card has gone "blank".All my photo's on this card,260,cannot be read!Using Sandisk Rescue to get my photos back.Surfed the net about this problem,seems i'm not alone.Canon & Sandisk taking most of the flack.There are some fake cards out there,don't think mine are though.Days like this make me think about the good old days of film.........maybe not.

Strange... I'm presuming the images have always been OK when reviewed in the camera?
    This still sounds very similar to the issues I had with my used G7 and my first experience of SD memory, with corruptions of images and even apparently missing images - I was cursing both the camera and SD cards as useless. My issues were resolved when I tried a separate card-reader; my corruptions were definitely caused by a faulty inbuilt card-reader in my PC - don't ask about all the images I deleted as corrupt that were actually perfectly OK.
    While it had never been an issue with my CF memory, the one process I did change with SD was ceasing to allow Windows to delete the images during copy to PC; I subsequently always deleted images in camera and regularly ran the camera's lo-level card formatting. May have been coincidence, but I didn't have further issues.

Default corruption

Got most of my photo's back,lost 4,care of Sandisk Rescue.All ok till the next time......
    Not bad out of 286 photo's.Thank's for all your help/advice
    Will call again....rosie