Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Currupt photo's

Default Corrupt photos

Hi Guys! A while ago i had a problem with a few currupt files on my CF card on my Canon 40D.The photos looked alright when i downloaded them on to my pc,using Canon Professional raw files.But as soon as i wanted to edit them all i got was the streaks of color,totally useless!Thinking i was just been unlucky with a duff card,i bought another,from a different source.But about 200 pictures in the new card,the same problem is there.Only the odd photo is currupt,but what is the answer?Somebody out there must know something to help with this situation,all help gratefully recieved
    Last edited by rosie; 18-10-11 at 05:07 PM.

Images

Hi Rosie
    Have you tried downloading them to another computer... graham

Default corrupt photos

No not yet graham,haven't found a donor yet.I suppose this would eleminate any software problems on my pc.

Images

do they look alright on the camera. can you post any it may help us

Default corrupt photos

The image is ok on the camera sceen,wave.It's ok when downloaded to my pc.The image is ok.But if i click on the image to edit all i get is streaks/lines on the image making it useless.Thanks for replying wave.

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    The image is ok on the camera sceen,wave.It's ok when downloaded to my pc.The image is ok.But if i click on the image to edit all i get is streaks/lines on the image making it useless.Thanks for replying wave.
    Hi - is the downloading via an inbuilt card reader? Had similar problem of corrupt and overwriting file content a while back after I'd got my first camera using SD cards. I was cursing SD for weeks until I tried a separate external card reader - the card and puter were OK, it was a problem in the original card reader!

hi Rosie

i some times have this problem were the files look fine in cam but once i send them to pc they come out just the same as yours all you have to do is down load the same file again over writing the file and this should put the file looking right you can do this using the canon software EOS Utility and using the 2nd one in the list were you select & download image it will add a 1 to your image that you download again
    hope this helps for you Rosie
    all the best Russ

Default corrupt files

Cheers chaps for your replies! I will try what you have advised,watch this space......rosie

Default corrupt files

Tried that Russ the 2nd file downloaded is just the same as the original....faulty.Thanks for replying to try and help......Rosie

Quote Originally Posted by rosie View Post
    Tried that Russ the 2nd file downloaded is just the same as the original....faulty.Thanks for replying to try and help......Rosie
    sounds like it the cams not saving the data taken right to the card inside
    thats why i said try downloading it again as i thought it might have been lost data from the cam to the pc which is the prob i have some times if i dont use card reader and use the cam its self to send images to pc hope you can get it sorted rosie

russ